Friday, October 4, 2013

Last few days and some upcoming plans

I didn’t do too shabby the other night at my parents’ house.  My dad makes a pretty good sausage based sauce, but I just had one serving and a small amount of spaghetti to go along with it.  I also had a slice of garlic bread and a huge plate of salad with just one tablespoon of lite ranch dressing (it was that or fat free Italian and I much prefer ranch for a salad).  I guzzled down water, had some apple slices and caramel sauce to share with other people and overall focused on spending time with my family rather than stuffing my face with comfort food.

Wednesday morning I repeated Couch to 5K Week 1 Day 1 (I had done it Monday also) and my eating was not horrible.  I’m tracking with Weight Watchers and My Fitness Pal (more on that in a bit).  I had 44 points (My daily is 35) and earned 8 activity points.  Calorie wise I ate 1909 calories and burned 525 calories for a net of 1384 calories that day.  I made these awesome little egg dishes for dinner.  We had them on our anniversary trip in June at a bed and breakfast and they’re so ridiculously easy.  You put two slices of deli ham in a muffin cup, crack an egg into the cup that the ham has made, then I put half a slice of thinly sliced Sargento cheese (any flavor really) over top.  Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.  They’re just so tasty and EASY!  My little guy gobbles them up and so does my husband.

Thursday was okay, I was dealing with the shower drain before I was going to go to the gym and by the time I got done, it was too late to go, I knew I’d have about 15 minutes there before I’d have to head home since I had to take little guy to my parents’ house for the day (typically the husband does drop offs).  So I didn’t get in much activity at all and I had about 1900 calories / 46 points for the day.  Dinner was excellent, but I have to mess with the recipe and get the points/calories down.  I made a pretzel crusted chicken that I can’t wait to have seconds of for lunch today.  Here is the original recipe http://www.cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com/honey-mustard-pretzel-chicken/

I’ve been contemplating the Fit Bit Flex wrist for awhile now but was scared based on the reviews.  I heard nothing but good about the Fit Bit One, and earlier this week someone slipped me some money and told me to do something nice for myself and so I bit the bullet and bought it yesterday.  I love it!  There’s so much cool stuff it tracks, my steps/miles each day, how many calories I’m burning in general, the amount of floors I’ve gone up, how many minutes I’ve been active, and then at night it tracks my sleep, which I NEED TO BE BETTER ABOUT!  I’ll tell husband I’m going to bed at 9:30 and be up until 11 just screwing around on my iPad and that has got to stop!  All it does is make my mornings miserable.  So I gave up my ActiveLink membership with Weight Watchers.  I just wasn’t crazy about it like this Fit Bit.  Plus, I went to Target (could have saved $5-10 ordering off of Amazon) and for some strange reason they were ringing up $30 off so I saved big bucks on it!

Today was my fourth day eating the same breakfast.  I am in love with the oats, raspberry preserves, cinnamon cream cheese mixture I’ve been making.  I’m going to attempt to feed it to the little one this weekend and see if he likes it.  My mom thinks he’s getting sick of his eggs and toast at her house each morning, so maybe a switch up is in order.


Tonight I’m driving to Pittsburgh to hang with some lovely ladies from my mom’s group and then I’m going to spend the night at one of their houses and I’ll be back home in the morning.  I’ll miss tomorrow’s swim lesson, but that’s fine, the husband needs to take a turn, he hasn’t gone in a few weeks, working weekends and all.  Then my step-son should be home in the afternoon.  He’s coming home because we’re doing our annual candy day this weekend.  So Sunday will be hard for me.  There’s non-stop munchies, which I’ve been good all week, so it shouldn’t be a problem, but munchies at these types of gatherings are bad for me and they’re especially bad the day before my weigh-in.  I’ll also have to watch the wine intake.  Whomp whomp ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment